Yes, apparently it can be done!
At least, according to this article.
Let’s create a bullet list of points:
- Fine tune your author website;
- Beef up that blog;
- Don’t forget your newsletter;
- Don’t overlook your local media
(assuming they still exist);
- When I say local media, think really local, even the small media (e.g., micro-local publications; college radio/TV; local radio/TV);
- Invest in “solid influencers”
(as opposed to liquid or gaseous ones, I guess);
- Consider a Patreon page; (Hey, I’ve got two! See?)
Here are a few more suggestions:
- Don’t overlook alumni publications;
- Make videos (what you do on video is a matter for a whole ‘nuther article);
- Start a podcast (again, a subject for another time);
- When possible do IRL events, like book signings, local library events, or other appearances.